Monday, June 16, 2014

A BODY OF WATER


What if…? Such statement comes when we try to use our imagination. When we were still children, we were asked many times if what do we want to be when we grow old. Some of us have responded with a prospect profession while others named a person they looked up to and still others mention the characteristics they wanted to acquire.

Today that we are old, have you ever tried to look into the mirror and asked yourself who am I? it is very easy to state the many good qualities that we have. Moreover, it is very hard to name some not so nice qualities that we have. In order then to know who I am, we then try to use the method people used in us when we were still children, the metaphorical questioning. We then try to ask ourselves, if I am a thing what am I?

I have thought of many things that I can compare myself with but my heart and mind tells me that if I were something I would be a “sea.” We may then ask why I selected sea among any other things that I know?

A sea is a collective body of water. A sea has beautiful scenery especially during sun set and sun rise where the waters reflect the light coming from the sea. A sea is salty in its taste yet many people love to swim in it. A sea has waves, sometimes when it is calm only small waves are created but when there is a storm bigger waves can be seen. We have a superstitions that if we have lung problems; we are advised to go to the sea for it has wonderful breeze of air.

We may now ask, what is then the similarity of a sea with me? Like a sea, I am a collective body of characteristics, there are those that are good and there are those that are bad. Christ is the sun that creates beautiful scenery in my life, my water, and my sea. I am salty meaning to say, I should not be drunk directly. My saltiness is my wounds. I am wounded. My wounds are distraction yet when properly harvest it becomes a tool like the salt that is harvest in the sea that is used in our foods. I also have waves in my life. Such waves can be also small or big. When I am calm, I am silent yet I know that when my patience is out my waves becomes bigger I also give cool breeze to others. I am generous towards the people around me especially those I see that needs my help.


I am like a sea. My life could be compared to a sea. How about you? What are you if you are something?

No comments: